365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 28 November 2013

November 28th 2013


Working from home again today editing the 2 Shared Planet programmes which were recorded yesterday. As part of my regime when editing (which involves quite intense concentration) I make sure I gaze out of the window now and again to rest the eyes and refocus. I can see the Black Mountains from the office window and an uninterrupted view over farmland towards Sand Point a National Trust piece of countryside about 2 miles as the crow flies. Today however my attention was taken much closer to home by a song thrush feeding on yellow pyracantha berries. In the time it took me to grab my camera however, the thrush had disappeared.  I returned to the editing. About half an hour later I noticed a robin in the same spot. What intrigued me with the robin was it kept flying to and from the seed feeder. Being a robin, they're not really designed for seed feeders so after half a dozen failed flights, rest was needed on the fence. And I had my opportunity for the photograph as a record of a few minutes diversion from the task at hand...... ecotourism and the natural world, or as we discussed our 'back yard' offers as good a wildlife encounter as anywhere in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment