365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 10 December 2013

December 10th 2013


Last night the boiler suddenly stopped working. And that is a very interesting experience. I arrived home as normal to a warm house with lots of hot water. By 7pm the boiler had stopped working and by 9pm the house was cool. I wasn't too worried as even though it is December it is fairly mild at the moment and I have an immersion heater for hot water. Or to be more accurate I have an immersion heater fitted. It turns out that that isn't working either. What is going on!!

But (and I'm only saying this because it is mild) life goes on. I was brought up in a big house with no central heating until I was about 7 or 8, how I miss an open fire in the bedroom. I've lived in a caravan at times for pleasure, when I moved south for 5 years I lived in quirky abodes without heating and I survived. Actually I think I was probably a lot healthier. I'm never sure that central heating is a good thing as the house is always too hot and too dry for me so even now I rarely have it on. It is possibly also my northern roots coming to the fore now too. We're a tough lot up there. So, maybe I'll just not bother getting it fixed then......

No comments:

Post a Comment