365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 18 December 2013

December 18th 2013


I seem to be posting a lot of dark photographs at the moment in this year long diary (must lighten the mood soon) but I make no apologies for these two, and well it is the dark days before Christmas season. I should however make apologies for the quality of the mobile phone photographs, yet again the camera was left at home. But. This was 7.20am or there abouts on the North Somerset Levels as I drove to work. The entire landscape was dark, thick clouds covered the sky and with nearly an hour before sunrise, it was lights on. After driving through the farm I drive through to get to the main road I rounded the corner and there, like an astral body ripping through the blackout blinds of the Universe, was this stunning sight. Somehow, somewhere a gap had opened up in the clouds and the developing twilight brilliantly shone through. I was only a mile from home so should really have gone and got my camera, but there is something of the spontaneity of bad mobile photographs. I stopped for a while to watch this develop which it did slowly at first but all of a sudden more clouds parted and the sky lit up in preparation for sunrise. But I was there, there at the right time and there in the right place to see the beauty of the natural world unfold before me.   


No comments:

Post a Comment