365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 20 December 2013

December 20th 2013


My last day at work until Christmas today, and so as I spend a lot of time looking out of my office window, either for inspiration or to rest my eyes, I thought the sight of the sun rising over the BBC yardarm would be a fitting way to end what has been a very busy but very rewarding year work wise. A reward also came my way in the form of almost no traffic during my 20 mile commute this morning. Until yesterday, although there had been more parking spaces around work, it was still busy. This morning however the roads have become eerily quiet, presumably as all the schools are now finished and people take today off for a long weekend break into the Christmas week.  Even the pavements are empty. I like this silence, it feels calm and life just begins to slow down, not for any other reason than it's just a lot easier to operate without the mad hustle and bustle of modern life. And so, although I have quite a bit to do today, from 4pm I shall be released for a while and enjoying being Far From the Madding Crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment