365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 22 December 2013

December 22nd 2013

 
I've just rearranged the lounge as it was becoming a little cluttered what with the Christmas tree, cards and the paraphernalia of this time of the year. Now I have a chair immediately next to the patio windows and my view tonight has been of these two birch trees but also the reflection of the Christmas tree lights in the glass. This afternoon I've been writing at the laptop in that chair and to be honest my concentration has been diverted many times by this view. I love the silhouette of bare trees against a winter sky and today that view from inside the house has changed every 5 minutes as clouds passed by and then departed. The reflection in the glass matched my mood and I guess the thoughts of many at that this time of the year is very much a time of reflection. As I write this the darkness of the night has enveloped the sky, but for an hour I was enthralled by the simple pleasure of watching the silhouette of these threes against the winters sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment