365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 31 December 2013

December 31st 2013

 
I was out bird watching as the sun set on the old year of 2013. As I drove along a lane adjacent to Savernake Forest near Marlborough I had two significant views in my sights. To my left a group of 30 or so fallow deer suddenly appeared and were running alongside the lane in their field at the same speed as my car. It was a stunning sight and as I slowed down in case they jumped the fence, I looked at them at their eye level and they all looked at me while continuing to run alongside the car. What a fantastic wildlife moment to end the year. Which was added to as I arrived at Stibbs Green, an area of Burbage, a minute or so later as the sun hit the horizon. Just time to shoot off a couple of photos of the sun between the cottages before it set for the last time. Between the running deer and the setting sun, this was a perfect end to 2013 (oh and my final bird of the year was a marsh tit). 


No comments:

Post a Comment