365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 3 December 2013

December 3rd 2013

 
 
Tonight I worked on a germ of an idea which formed in my mind a week or so ago. I've become quite interested by light and dark in my photographs and recently with this settled weather I've been taking high contrast images of sunsets and silhouettes. But at Avebury a week ago I had an idea to illuminate the stones while still getting the sunset colours in the sky behind. Tonight then as I drove home past the avenue I took a photo just using the camera flash. Quite an interesting experience walking around the stones in almost pitch back conditions, and although I like the image here it is too harsh for what I need, or at least what I aim to do. But as we head towards the shortest day, my germ of an idea is gathering pace.
 
Next time though I shall take a torch as having walked through the gate it is so dark here I couldn't find the gate again until a passing car illuminated it as it passed. I was right beside it.

No comments:

Post a Comment