365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 7 December 2013

December 7th 2013


Big day today. This is the get-the-Christmas-tree-from-Burbage-Christmas-Market-and-tree-sales-weekend, a Saturday and a Sunday of trees, Santa, elfs, reindeer and well, just the stuff of life that goes on in this deep rural part of Wiltshire. By 11am Julie and I were to be found fondling a Nordman Pine and wondering where the mulled wine was. In the background the choir sang carols and the aroma of free chestnuts drifted through the air. So here Julie is, it is actually the first tree we saw and it was a bobby dazzler. Julie's pose dutifully made we were assailed by a helpful Santa assistant, (who also agreed to pose for this media buffoon writing a year long diary; apologies I forgot to ask your name if you read this) wrapped the tree up for us as in the image below and I staggered off to the car with it, while I left Julie to peruse the craft stalls before returning myself for an amble. I returned to find Julie milling suspiciously close to the mulled wine stall, which had to be sampled by the pair of us. Well it is Christmas after all and then we hot footed it off to see Sam.....


...... and here is Sam, the Santa Horse. Sam delivers Christmas cards around the village with his helper Ginette Stewart and so as Julie is a horse lover, and as I am writing this year long blog diary, I asked for yet another pose in front of the camera to add even more festive spirit to the already merry day (or was that the mulled wine beginning to take effect?). I like the Burbage Christmas Market, it's a lovely way to move inexorably ever closer into the Festive period, for tomorrow we'll decorate the tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment