365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 8 December 2013

December 8th 2013

 
It may be the 8th of December but in the garden things are already stirring. Admittedly it's been a very mild autumn but a lovely surprise today was finding my beloved 'snowflakes' already pushing shoots above the soil. It's something I look for every winter the first signs of spring, which while still a long way off is what I absolutely love about gardening, that sense of being part of a big wheel of nature revolving slowly and inextricably, while we just observe. It adds to my sense that as humans we are fairly insignificant and nature just gets on with it. In the same border the Vibernum bodnantense 'dawn' is in full flower adding a heady scent across the short mid-winter days. We'll have some very cold and no doubt snowy days to come, but seeing this today has gladdened my heart. Spring; not long now....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment