365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 12 May 2014

May 12th 2014


Dramatic images inspire me, anything with a high contrast showing a visual representation of an event. After the weekends gales this morning broke fine and sunny providing a joyous walk into work after my commute. Early May is a special time of the year and so it was as I walked into work my shadow was dramatically picked out on the floor of the stairwell, so much so that I stopped in my tracks and took a quick image. Sometimes then it is the simplest of motives that spark the imagination for the daily thought. Although still sunny if I took this image now in the late afternoon it would not be possible, tomorrow may be dull. The intensity of the light, the angle of the sun at 8am, the composition of the image and framing of the door were just perfect.  A day to shout from the rooftop how good it is to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment