365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 16 May 2014

May 16th 2014


This was a nice surprise when I got in tonight, a framed dog. Julie had a commission to draw a Heinz variety terrier called Tess. Tess lives up in Rothbury in Northumberland and through Margaret a friend of mine living up there, her neighbour asked Julie to create the little chap in pastels. Sadly the photograph Julie received was about 2 inches across and so not a lot to work with but I think he looks super. I'm not the judge though as that's his owners prerogative. But he's returned from the framers now, all wrapped up in his Clingfilm protection and next weekend we'll be off to the North East to deliver Tess back home. I hope his owner likes him, we do but letting go of a painting is almost like letting a child go on a traveling holiday, we'll sure miss him, although as  Julie is developing this side of her many talents rapidly I'm sure there'll be another dog along soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment