365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 4 May 2014

May 4th 2014

 
Rose necked lovebirds are not the normal avian species I find in my garden yet today there one was as large as life. After a difficult morning as we're in the middle of moving from Wiltshire to Somerset but not sure its the best move, (or at least I'm not sure we're doing this right, and it is Julie who is moving this way to reduce the commuting time for me), I arrived back in Somerset and as the sun was shining set too pulling the garden back to some form of normality. I'd finished the lawn mowing and engrossed in a spot of weeding my task was accompanied by the many house sparrow calls here. But one sparrow call sounded quite a bit different, looking up there on the gutter a parakeet (I later learned out what it was called). Obviously an escapee I took a quick photo and then thought I'd try and coax it down and maybe try and find out who's bird this was. But no sooner had I taken this image it flew off and away. I hope if flew back to whence it came as out here in the Somerset countryside it will not last long sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment